|Home||About us||Design projects||Engineering projects||Services||Vacancies||Contact|
Studio Delta has been founded in 1999 by Menno van Dijk (n.a.) with the objective to provide additional engineering capacity for shipyards and marine engineering offices. At the time we worked by the name of Delta Marine Support.
Up to 1999, employed by an engineering company with a versatile workload, a solid experience was gained in various naval architecture projects.
A brief summary of executed projects upto 1999:
- Contract specification for purchase of ship's systems
- Complete naval architecture (design, construction and stability) for the lengthening of a gen.cargo vessel (118 m after conversion)
- General arrangement plan and construction plans for mega yachts
- Finite Element calculations for WT doors and hoistable decks
- Concept design of a 135 m ferry and a 185 gen.cargo vessel
- Structural design calculations for dredging pontoons
With the launch of a 53 ft. sailing yacht which was designed in partnership, in 1999 the choice was made to work as an independent yacht designer / naval architect.
In the beginning mostly in a supporting role, the request for specialist projects increased in time. For more information go to the "projects" page.
In 2003 the design of yachts has become part of the business activities, and the choice was made to change the name into Studio Delta.
For an overview of recent designs, go to the "designs" page.
These days, Studio Delta offers a wide variety of services in the yacht design industry, for more information go to the "services" page.
| Copyright © Studio Delta
webdesign by IT-Source
|Home | About us | Design projects | Engineering projects | Services | Vacancies | Contact|